Applying for a Subclass 485 Visa? We Can Assist You.

If you hold your first student visa and have recently completed a Bachelor degree or higher and wish to remain in Australia, you may be eligible for a 485 temporary graduate visa through the post-study work stream.

This visa provides full work rights and is an excellent option for graduates wanting to gain post-qualification work experience in Australia.

We’re proud to offer a no visa, no fee guarantee on this visa subclass and free consultations. If you’d like to discuss your eligibility, call us on (WA) 08 6189 5333 (VIC) 03 9038 9070.


• The length of your graduate visa depends on the recognised course you studied. If you completed a Bachelor’s degree then your visa will be valid for a two-year period. You’ll get three years for a Masters and four for a PhD.

• You are not required to find employer-sponsorship.

• You must be in Australia when the visa is lodged and when it is decided.

• You must be under 50 years of age.

• You can include your partner and/or children on your 485 visa.

• You must have studied a Bachelor’s degree, Masters or PhD. Unfortunately, you won’t be eligible if you’ve studied a Diploma or Certificate.

• Your student visa must have been granted on or after 5 November 2011.

• You must lodge this visa within six months of finishing your course. You may also be eligible to apply if you have applied for another type of visa and are on a Bridging Visa A (BVA) when your 485 application is lodged.

• Your CRICOS course total registered study period must be two academic years of study, defined as 92 weeks of study.

• You must meet the ‘Australian study requirement’ associated with this visa. You need to have studied for 16 months or more. This period begins when your study commences (generally from the start of lectures, excluding orientation periods) and runs until the date when all of your academic requirements are met.

• There is no occupation list associated with this visa so your studies can relate to any area

• A skill assessment is not required for a graduate visa

• You must complete a medical and purchase an approved health insurance policy. You’ll also need a National Police Check from the Australian Federal Police.

• An English language test is required. You will need:
IELTS (Academic or General Training): an overall average score of 6 and at least 5 across each band; or

– Occupational English Test (OET): B pass in each band; or

– Pearson (PTE Academic): an overall average of 50, with at least 36 in each band; or

– TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): a total score of 64, with at least 4 in the Listening and Reading parts, and a minimum of 14 in the Writing and Speaking sections; or

– Cambridge (CAE): an average of 169, with at least 154 in each band.
Depending on your qualifications and the work you undertake whilst on your temporary graduate visa, you may be eligible to apply for a more permanent visa once this expires.
Working with a Registered Migration Agent

The graduate visa application process can be overwhelming and you may benefit from using the services of a Registered Migration Agent. For a competitive fee, the professionals at True Blue Migration Services can manage your application from start to finish.
We offer a management fee refund guarantee on the temporary graduate 485 visa, which means that in the unlikely event of a visa refusal, we will refund the fee you paid for our professional services.
Remember, time is of the essence when applying for this particular type of visa. Contact us today for a free consult.