Couple applying for Australian parent visa

For some visas, including parent visas, an Assurance of Support (AoS) must be given. This is done through Centrelink, separately from the main visa application. It’s designed to ensure that new migrants do not require social welfare during their initial years in Australia. Generally, you are requested to provide the AoS at the end of the visa process. Anyone can be an assurer as long as they are over the age of 18, an Australian resident and based in Australia. How does an Assurance of Support work? The assurer needs to prove that they earn enough to provide for the […]