True Blue Migration Agents Blog

Working Holiday Visa Jobs Guide

There comes a time when every backpacker’s money runs low and they have to re-enter the real world and find a job. Our top tip when it comes to looking for employment in Australia is to properly target your job search. The Working Holiday Visa restricts you to a six-month limit with each employer, so there’s no point applying for permanent posts. Your best bet is to search for temporary / seasonal / contract work. Many of the backpackers we speak to successfully find work with temping agencies or in the hospitality sector. Before commencing your job search, we recommend re-drafting […]


Second Working Holiday Visa Guide

So, what happens if you end up falling in love with Australia and want to stay longer? You might be eligible for a second 417 visa, but only if you have met certain conditions. You must have complied with the conditions of your first Working Holiday Visa, have not previously held more than one Working Holiday Visa and have completed three months of specified work in a regional area of Australia whilst on your first Working Holiday Visa. In the past, many backpackers carried out voluntary work on farms in exchange for food and accommodation. However, rules changed in 2015 […]


Can I work whilst my partner visa is processing?

  An onshore 820 partner visa has a processing time of 12 – 15 months. Given this, it is crucial that you understand your work rights during this lengthy processing time.  If I lodge my partner visa whilst outside Australia, can I get a bridging visa to be with my partner? A bridging visa is only even associated with an application lodged whilst you are in Australia. A bridging visa is a ‘bridge’ between the visa you currently hold, and a decision being made on the visa you have applied for. If you are outside Australia and you lodge a […]


< Older Entries